How Mersey Harmony is shaking up their fundraising efforts by Heather
How do you move a successful weekly face to face fundraiser online in 12 easy steps?
- Be willing to think creatively ‘outside the box’.
- Encourage the fundraiser and treasurer to hold a conversation.
- Work out a monthly payment system, to exclude as few members as possible.
- Set the prize amount (e.g. 50% of takings) and add in an incentive to buy 5 tickets and get 6 goes!
- Send details of the concept and ‘how to be in it’ to all members for information and feedback.
- ‘Launch’ the new fundraiser with a fanfare at the beginning of the month!
- Give the draw a plug at each week’s Zoom rehearsal and in the rehearsal notes, including what amount the prize money has reached: ‘You have to be in it to win it’!!
- After agreed deadline, treasurer and fundraiser liaise with names of those who have paid to join in the draw.
- Write names of participants times how many goes they have paid for and put them into the hat.
- Make the draw during the following ‘Zoom’ rehearsal. Celebrate with the winner! Take photos!
- Write a blog; post on website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Thank all those who have helped raise funds for the chorus and start the draw for the following month!!
Our first virtual raffle took place on 1 September, and our lucky winner of £40 was Lil Griffiths. And we raised £40 for chorus funds!!
I wonder how much we will raise next month?!